Stop thinking Razor - start thinking Laser
LouLous Day Spa is excited to introduce EpiLED, our Laser Hair Removal service for men and women. The results are extremely effective with a wide range of skin types being able to be treated, in a minimal amount of time - throw away your razor!
How laser hair removal works
EpiLED emits light at multiple wavelengths using nine high-power super-emitting LEDs. The light penetrates the epidermis and dermis safely and the hair id destroyed more reliably.
The new NIR LED technology targets the hair melanin effectively with very little of the light being absorbed by the skin tissue. The result is extremely effective hair removal with a wide range of skin types now able to be treated.
The new technology allows ten shots per second, allowing us to scan, repeat or move the hand-piece over the treatment area, thereby more comfortable for our clients.
Payment Plan options available
LouLous offers payment plan options for Laser Hair Removal.
Yearly payment plan options available from $28 per week and includes a complimentary back, neck and shoulder massage and Waterlily Power Facial.
Laser Hair Removal Cambridge -
FAQ's about LED Hair Laser Removal
How is the hair removed?
Epiled destroys the hair follicle by targeting the melanin, preventing new growth. Our clients have described different sensations during the procedure from a slight tingling sensation, through to someone snapping you with a rubberband.
How long does the treatment take?
This will depend on the size of the target area, i.e. underarms may take a few minutes, whereas lower legs may take up to 20 minutes. During your consultation with our therapist, they'll indicate how long each treatment should take.
How many treatments will I need?
This will depend on the area that you're wanting the hair removed and strength of the hair! Your qualified therapist will indicate how many sessions they believe you will require for the best results - ranging from five to maybe as many as 10+. We may choose to do larger areas in sections ensuring that you're comfortable at all times.
Can all hair colour types be removed?
Successful laser hair removal is based on the amount of melanin content in the hair follicle for the EpiLED light to switch off the growth cycle off.
White hair is untreatable. For red and blonde hair, we perform a patch test to see if we can get a reduction of mass and thinning of the hair. Should the patch test show no reduction, unfortunately there is insufficient melanin for effective treatment.
Can men have laser hair removal?
Yes. We are able to remove hair from anywhere on your body - from the top of your fingers, the sides your arms, your backs, chests, arms and anywhere in between, right down to your toes.
Is there anything I should do before/after the treatment?
Yes, just a couple of things to before or after your treatment.
- Please shave one day before treatment - we only need 2mm of visible hair to laser.
- Please don't wear make-up, moisturisers or deodorant in any of the areas that we're going to laser that day.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes around treated areas allowing the skin to breathe.
- Remember to stay out of the sun, avoiding tanning as the skin may be sensitive.
- We recommend that you don't exercise for 24-48 hours, keeping the follicles time to close.
Are there any reasons why I might not be able to have Laser Hair Removal?
Yes. Below is a list of reasons why you might not be suitable for Laser Hair Removal:
- Sun exposure (including sunbeds) and fake tan within 2 weeks of your appointment
- Melanotan injections within the last 6 months
- Topical retinols on the area to be treated with 2 weeks of your appointment
- Acne medications within the last 6 months (e.g.: Roaccutane, Isotretinoin, Doxycycline)
- Metal plates/pins in the area to be treated
- Eczema or Psoriasis in the treatment area
- Bacterial or Viral infections present (e.g.: Active Cold Sores)
- Waxing or depilatory cream in treatment area within 1 week
- Pregnant, Breastfeeding, IVF or trying to conceive
- History of keloid or abnormal scarring
- Chemical or Radiation Therapy
If any of the above apply to you, please discuss with one of our specialist beauty therapists before proceeding.